Here's a quick and easy way to get those nutritious beet greens into you, and you'll probably not even notice their somewhat stronger flavour! This fritatta recipe is great for breakfasts, or even those hurried lunches and dinners. After baking them in the oven, you may never want to go back to trying to flip an entire fritatta over in the frying pan without breaking it ( : Scroll down to the bottom of this page for other fritatta ideas, and please feel free to leave a comment in the comments section.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped beet tops, packed
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the minced garlic. Stir while cooking until it is nice and fragrant, a minute or so. Then add the chopped greens.
- Stir the greens to coat them with the garlic flavoured oil. Cook 2-3 minutes until chopped beet tops are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add ½ tsp salt. Also add a little ground pepper and the milk. Add the beet greens and stir them in.
- Pour egg mixture into 4 small baking baking dishes. Bake at 425F until firm in the center (about 12-14 min)
Other things to do with it:
- add some shredded cheese before baking
-fry sundried tomatoes and sliced mushrooms with the garlic
-replace beet greens with chopped spinach